Monday, March 8, 2010

Stupid weather...

It's been so nice out the last few days, so we decided to go to the zoo today. It was supposed to go up to 8 degrees, but it was only about 4 degrees when we left. Still, it was nice and sunny at our place, it felt much warmer. So I packed Haley up, and off we went to the zoo to meet up with Tamara, her daughter Sophie, Lisa, and her son Ian. When I parked the car and got out, it hit me. I must have been nice and sheltered in my back yard when I walked to the garage, so I didn't notice the wind. It was freezing!! Sure, 4 degrees, but that certainly didn't include the wind chill! By the time I got through the parking lot to the entrance, my hands were frozen. Luckily Haley was dressed for the occasion, and comfy cozy in her car seat with it's cover. We went in and bought an annual pass, so I didn't feel too bad about not checking out all the animals today. Instead, we spent the afternoon in the Kitamba Cafe. We did think about going to see the monkeys on the way out, but it was getting colder and Haley was asleep by then, so we just went home. Not a very exciting 1st trip to the zoo for Haley, but at least she got to hang out with her friends.
Notice the little hands reaching for her hat, tee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment