Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Seriously? She's wearing a dress!!!


I met up with a friend and her little one at the mall today. While we were in Baby Gap, the grandmother of a little 2 week old started chatting with me. She asked me how old my little one was and wanted to see her. She was sleeping and covered in her car seat/stroller. When I opened it, she said "is it a little boy?". What the heck!!! She was wearing a pink top, pink tights and a striped dress (pink, purple, brown, yellow & turquoise), and her little purple hat with a pink and brown flower on it (the hat in the photo). All I said in return was "NO". So she says, "oh, sorry, all I saw was the hat". OMG!!! Let this be a lesson people... if you don't know what sex a child is, just DON'T ASK! I mean really, do you care about some stranger's child? No! Will it upset them if you get it wrong, YES! But really, when was the last time you saw a little boy dressed mostly in pink, wearing a dress. I don't care what the friggin hat looks like! This is exactly why she's usually got a big bow on her head when we go out, it prevents events such as this one...

3 comments:

  1. Kim,
    I love blogging! It is a more private way of displaying your little STAR! Double check your privacy setting. It is nearly impossible to find my blog unless I give you the address... yet you don't need a password to view my blog. I haven't been able to Google my blog yet either. Msg me if you want to know my settings. Have fun blogging... you will lose hours of your life documenting your story :)

    Happy Mommying!
    Love Kathie

    www.yankofamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that was common knowledge by now, holy! (Not assuming what the sex is if you're unsure) :S How awkward

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Brutal Kim. That lady needs glasses or a new prescription. A friggin dress and hat with a flower?? Come on! Thanks for the laugh :)

    ReplyDelete