Monday, August 23, 2010

Going back to work wasn't so hard after all. Haley has been having a great time with my mom, and it's actually been sort of nice getting back into a routine. Can't say I'm enjoying getting up at 5am, or taking the bus, but you do what you gotta do. The first day Haley and my mom spent together, my mom didn't quite realize how fast Haley can move. She took off to look out the window next to the front door, just like the dogs do. Never fails, when she's in a hurry, she tends to fall. Sure enough, she found the once small space of tile at the front entrance to go head first into. So day one I came home to a bruise, lol. I'm sure there are many more to come. She was almost bruise free, then she went head first into the hardwood last night, so we're back to black & blue.
The last 2 weekends we've gone to Haley's friend's 1st birthdays, they were both a lot of fun. So cute to watch all the kids crawling/walking around. I let Haley have a little ice cream (for the first time), she didn't like it at first. I think it was just too cold for her, so she was spitting it out, but after a little while, she got the hang of it.
Haley had her 1 year doctor's appointment today. They measured her at 28 inches and 17lbs 5oz (although she had just had a big meal and not gone to the bathroom before we got there). Based on that, she's in the 25th percentile for height, and not even on the chart for weight. The doctor wasn't overly concerned, just said we need to monitor to make sure she continues to gain weight. She eats a lot, and doesn't look too thin, so I'm not at all worried. She's a healthy active little one, she's never even had a cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment